ARISE-US is hosting a web-based symposium on “Strategies for Flood Risk Reduction”. It will feature public and private sector experts in the field and, with active participation from the audience, will discuss the challenges and solutions to them. The Symposium will take place on January 27th, at 1-3pm Eastern time. The symposium will l take the form of two linked panels, and will maximize discussion and dialog, one addressing the issues and the other, potential solutions.
As with other ARISE-US symposiums, the Symposium will initiate a program of actions as applicable from discussion in the symposium itself.
Who should attend?
This symposium will offer access to the latest thinking on flooding DRR for insurers, governments, engineers and other risk managers, land/building owners, catastrophe modelers, financial services and community organizations. If you are interested to participate in the follow-up, working with other public and private sector organizations, there will be opportunities to do so.
We have an extremely impressive slate of speakers and panelists. Those so far confirmed:
• Ryan Miller, ARM-E, Principal, Critical Functions
• Professor Melanie Gall, co-Director, Emergency Management and Homeland Security Program, ASU
• Tyler Ardron – VP at Risk Reduction Plus Group
• Aidee Zamorano – Z-Zurich Foundation (Zurich Insurance)
• Todd Bridges, Senior Research Scientist, Environmental Science, US ACE and National Lead, Engineering with Nature
• Chloe Demrovsky, President and CEO, DRI International, and Adjunct Professor, NYU
• Paula Pagniez, Americas Lead, Climate and Resilience Hub, Willis Towers Watson and FEMA National Advisory Council Member
• Albert Slap, President, Coastal Risk Consulting
• Aditya Ranade, Managing Partner, TwoDegreesAdapt
• Roderick Scott, Flood Mitigation Industry Association
ARISE is UN DRR’s vehicle for encouraging public-private collaboration in disaster risk reduction. Find out more at: https://www.ariseglobalnetwork.org/. ARISE-US is the US chapter of ARISE. To join ARISE-US (membership is free), contact Peter Williams, at email@example.com, or Debbra Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or sign up at the global URL above.